I created a CAB project and the installer runs fine on my mobile device, but I have to go to the explorer and open "Programme Files/My APP" to notice the exe and launch information technology.

Is in that location some action I have to take in the config of the setup projection or during install to make this work as I want?

(I want to have the icon on the main window/desktop or start menu so that I tin run it from there)

asked Sep 8, 2022 at 16:26

user avatar

seven

  • Thanks Cosmin - though now I am fifty-fifty more confused.

    Sep 8, 2022 at 21:35

  • Is there a simple case that explains what I have to do?

    Sep viii, 2022 at 21:37

  • I don't remember there is a unproblematic solution for this, at to the lowest degree not a gratis i. You basically need to create the shortcut file yourself, configure it and and so include it in your CAB. At that place are some commercial setup authoring tools which have direct support for this, but you would have to buy a license.

    Sep 9, 2022 at half dozen:thirteen

  • Just institute this article: j2i.net/BlogEngine/post/2010/02/04/… . It looks like you can but create a regular shortcut and configure it to install in "\Windows\Start Menu".

    Sep 9, 2022 at 13:35

1 Respond 1

This is the link/answer that worked for me - from Cosmin Pirvu's annotate above

Only found this article: j2i.internet/BlogEngine/mail/2010/02/04/… . Information technology looks like you tin can but create a regular shortcut and configure it to install in "\Windows\Starting time Bill of fare". – Cosmin Pirvu Sep nine at thirteen:35

answered Oct 17, 2022 at fifteen:55

user avatar

Not the reply you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged installation cab windows-mobile-6.5 or ask your own question.